Shared by our partners at the Denver Clerk and Recorder. For information specific to this article, please contact the Clerk and Recorder’s Communications Manager at Alton.Dillard@denvergov.org.
|Due to the economic impact on homeowners caused by the current pandemic, The Office of the Denver Clerk and Recorder, the Office of Financial Empowerment & Protection, the Denver Housing Authority and other community partners will host a series of virtual townhalls for Denver homeowners.|
“If you’re facing foreclosure, bankruptcy, or other financial difficulties, it is important to understand your options,” Clerk and Recorder Paul D. López said. “In addition to learning about the foreclosure process, homeowners will be introduced to trusted resource partners who will explore strategies for preventing and avoiding foreclosure. We will also conduct virtual town halls for our neighbors who speak Spanish and Vietnamese.”
As opposed to other Colorado counties, the Office of the Denver Clerk and Recorder also serves as the County Public Trustee and plays an administrative role in the foreclosure process.
“Denver Housing Authority (DHA) is one of seven HUD approved counseling agencies in the City and County of Denver. HUD approved housing counseling agencies provide free comprehensive housing counseling services, information, and options to anyone struggling with their mortgage.” DHA Resident and Community Service Program Supervisor Charlotte O’Donnell said.
Town halls start at 6 p.m. – dates and topics are as follows:
- January 12 – Introduction to city agencies who support residents facing foreclosure
- February 9 – Housing counseling and other resources
- February 16 – ¿Que es una quiebra hipotecaria? ¿Qué puede esperar y donde puede encontrar apoyo?
- March 23 – Budget strategies
- March 30 – Phá sản là gì? Bạn có thể mong đợi điều gì và bạn có thể tìm trợ giúp ở đâu?
- April 13 – Fraud prevention
- May 11 – Foreclosure documents and paperwork to expect
- June 8 – Bankruptcies
Visit denverclerkandrecorder.org for links and more information.